Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Booze before Shoes


...It's kind of like “bros before hos” in a where-are-your-priorities kind of way. Do you want to get bombed and spill Stoli vanilla down your shootie or do you want to sway left and right for 1 bar of some Rihanna mash-up and then head back to the booth for more bottle service?
Behold the shoes pictured here. On New Years Eve in San Francisco there was rain, a crowded dance floor and a wood slatted balcony to contend with. Even as I shimmied to West African Highlife band, my mind fixated on the well being and proper care of the these flame red ankle boots. A shoe so hot they glowed. A shoe that had me whimper and blush when I unwrapped them in the mail. Sigerson Morrison Fall 2010 and god were they regal - regally slutty – a balance I often strive for and rarely achieve. Anyway, I found myself maintaining a high level of sobriety despite the occasion in order to stay away from puddles, sloppy guests and stairs. It was somewhat Olympic – this commitment to excellence. In this scenario, it was Shoes before Booze. On the other hand, if you’re going to a dive bar to see your best friend's brother's band and he’s channeling early Iggy Pop then by all means you should be in some shit kickers and even a rain slicker for good measure. This would be a Booze before Shoes event. I relegate heels just for bars and clubs – so when Johnny Rotten 2.0 feeds a rum & coke to your right foot – you won’t be too upset. Look for vintage pumps in leather and check Nordstrom Rack for affordable, scuff friendly options.

1 comment: