Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rudy Huxtable okay?!?


Sometimes you see something in a thrift store 10,000 times in size 3XL. Then you find it in your own size and you’re deeply drawn to buy it. “I’ve never seen a cerulean cable knit shorts-jumper in size small” – WOW. When I spied this elbow deep in a rounder deep in the San Fernando Valley I felt strangely victorious. My thrift buddy thought this looked flammable but I loved the zippers and decided it made me look kind of cool. I think pairing it with high waisted white jeans was a bit risky– especially because they are Guess knock offs and they spelled 'Pioneer' phonetically as "Pionier." Improper English immortalized on the bum of mom jeans is a fashion "do" in my book - but I'm that kind of risk taker.


If you wanted to keep it more mellow, I’d pair a crazy Cosby sweater like this with a black silk mini dress or any piece you think looks current and has a clean line to it. Next time, I’ll likely look for a cropped knit sweater so I can be sexier a la Denise Huxtable - everyone from All Saints to Vena Cava is doing the cropped sweater/shirt thing now too.

1 comment:

  1. I actually am looking for an amazing pair of skinny white jeans and you're really inspiring me with your look here! of course it is still all snowy here and god forbid i splash brown sludge all over the bottom of my blinding whities! imagine the repercussions to my attractiveness! but it's good to keep it in mind.i'm supes jealoux that yours are vintage and fit you perfectly! ps: i dont think they misspelled "pioneer" i think they were trying to be fraynch (pee-oh-ne-air) nothing says class like fraynch, non?

    ReplyDelete